Saturday, October 22, 2011

Running in Circles


"As soon as you abandon reasoning and argument, God witnesses to what He has done, and we are amazed at our impertinence in having kept Him waiting. If you are in debate as to whether God can deliver from sin, either let Him do it, or tell Him He cannot. Do not quote this and that person, try Matthew 11:28-"Come unto Me." Come if you are weary and heavy laden; ask, if you know you are evil (Luke 11:13)
~My Utmost for His Highest, October 22~

         Normally, when I ask God for something, I forget about my request as soon as I get off my knees. My focus is instantly switched to some other distraction, and spiritual promises and desires are forgotten. If my focus is not on spirituality, then the prayers that are answered in my life go unnoticed, I write them off as life's good luck or my own intuition, not as providence. "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Cor 2:14) Spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment